FOSTERING STRONG PARTNERSHIPS BETWEEN R&D INSTITUTIONS AND INDUSTRY
- Set up a Society or Section 8 company.
- Equipments and Viability Gap funding.
- Industry-Academia connect and Project Funding.
PROVIDING EARLY STAGE/IDEA2POC(PROOF OF CONCEPT) FUNDING
- Grants up to Rs.50 L.
- Validation of Proof of Concept.
- Virtual Incubation.
ENCOURAGING ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN EDUCATION THROUGH NAIN
- Support given to professional and post graduate colleges in tier-II and tier-III cities for setting up the incubator.
- 10 student projects funded in each partner institute.
- Mentor connects provided to student projects.
CREATING INCUBATION INFRASTRUCTURE THROUGH PPP
- Selection of partners will happen through RFPs or with Industry Associations.
- Infrastructure support, mentoring, legal & accounting services will be offered to incubatees.
- Partners will help implement incentives and benefits to startups.
CHANNELIZING INNOVATION FOR SOCIAL IMPACT
- 5 challenges will be announced every year.
- Initial and follow on funding will be given based on achievement of milestones.
- Pilots will be implemented through departments.
- Winners will be provided with incubation space on a preferential basis.
START-UP FUNDING THROUGH FUND OF FUNDS
- A fund manager will be selected.
- The investment committee will consist of experts from industry academia and industry.
- The fund will focus exclusively on startups.
PROMOTING CAPACITY BUILDING THROUGH EXPOSURE VISITS AND WORKSHOPS
- Join the Karnataka Startup Cell at global conferences to expand your markets.
- Meet incoming trade delegations and foreign investors with the Karnataka Startup Cell.
PROVIDING STATE SUPPORT IN THE FORM OF INCENTIVES AND CONCESSIONS
- Collect reimbursement of VAT and CST for early stage startups.
- Collect reimbursements on Patent spends for both domestic and foreign filings.
- Collect reimbursement on marketing expenditure upto 30% of the cost incurred subject to 5 Lakhs per startup annually.
- 10% reservation for women in seats of partner incubators.
- Self Certification under various enactments.